Enrollment leaders explore new approaches to graduate recruitment in our on-demand webinar with the Common App
Every level of higher education comes with its unique challenges — and in today’s highly interconnected world, the solutions to these problems will increasingly rely on cooperation that transcends traditional program delineations. Undergraduate leaders need better and more sophisticated tools to find best-fit students and support their persistence toward graduation. Meanwhile, graduate schools face pipeline worries that will only be exacerbated by the global pandemic and economic crisis. And yet, these two parts of the institution are often siloed. In Liaison and the Common App’s recent webinar, The Undergraduate to Graduate Connection: Establishing Programs to Boost Retention and Drive Enrollment, admissions leaders provided examples of how their institutions have improved graduate recruitment by focusing on their undergrad populations. This marked the third and final event in Liaison’s “Filling the Funnel” programming series, which was attended by hundreds of admissions professionals seeking strategies to address today’s most pressing enrollment challenges. View previous sessions here!
Meet the Panelists
- Sonja Prophete, Director of Graduate Enrollment, CUNY
- Julie Masterson, Ph.D., Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School, Missouri State University
- Kelly Lootz, Recruitment and Outreach Manager, Health Programs, University of the Pacific
- Judy Chappelear, Managing Director, GradCAS, Liaison (Moderator)
Lessons to Learn
Panelists shared innovative recruitment practices and strategies, and delved into how incentivizing graduate enrollment can benefit a wide range of institutional outcomes, including retention. View the on-demand version here to learn more about:
- Curricular and extracurricular opportunities to promote your institution’s graduate programs to current undergraduate students.
- Internal and external partnerships to help you fill your graduate school pipeline.
- Communication strategies to overcome traditional silos and other barriers to fruitful collaboration.