Since July 26 will be here before we know it, now is the time to start planning your schedule for the 2018 Liaison User Conference. This 2-day event’s 60+ sessions will help you get the most out of the Liaison admissions and enrollment marketing solutions that you have on campus, and it’ll give you the opportunity to discover our full family of products and services. Read on for a sneak peek at must-attend sessions that we have planned for this year’s Conference.
1. Taking Student Success to Scale
Focusing on excellence in admissions and enrollment, the Conference will feature one of education’s brightest stars, Dr. Nancy Zimpher, as the keynote speaker.
The SUNY chancellor emeritus, who is also a senior fellow at the Rockefeller Institute of Government and a faculty member at the University at Albany (NY), will begin the Conference with her presentation Taking Student Success to Scale, a discussion about public higher education and how policies and key support systems benefit not just member universities, but all universities, the graduate student population and beyond.
Dr. Zimpher is co-founder and current chair of StriveTogether, a national network of innovative partnerships that holistically address challenges across education and is considered one of the most in-demand thought leaders in higher education in the United States and around the world.
2. Managing Your Applicant Pool Using WebAdMIT’s Core Features
During this session, Jennifer Raab, one of Liaison’s training specialists who has extensive experience with Liaison’s products from her time spent in an admissions office, will provide an overview of WebAdMIT™. She’ll share common admissions challenges that she’s witnessed firsthand and explain how the robust admissions solution can help you address them, focusing specifically on:
- Organizing applicants with Local Statuses.
- Managing users.
- Managing necessary applicant tasks with Requirements.
- Assigning applicants to reviewers and collecting feedback.
- Recording supplementary applicant data using Custom Fields.
3. A Blueprint for Effective Integrated Marketing
During this session, Liaison’s Director of EMP™ Analytics and Digital Services Matt Baker will be joined by Pfeiffer University’s Vice President of Enrollment Management Catherine Hurd to discuss the University’s approach to developing their communication strategy. They’ll offer insight into how Liaison’s Enrollment Marketing Platform prepared the University for a record-setting enrollment streak, offering insight into how you can proactively prioritize, manage your staff and prepare your school for the path to success.
Saint Martin University’s Assistant Director of Graduate Admission Casey Caronna and its Associate Dean of Graduate Admission Chris Maund will share how the University increased their admit-to-enroll ratio by 15% in just the first semester of using SlideRoom™, a flexible applicant tracking system that facilitates holistic application review. Attend this session to:
- Witness the effective use of SlideRoom to its maximum capacity across multiple offices and over a dozen graduate programs.
- See the connection that SlideRoom provides through its focus on human factors and a simplicity of development.
- Facilitate audience connection to SlideRoom through its admissions functionality, potential for customization and most importantly, its ability to stay contextually alive with each and every user.
5. Measuring Your Program’s Impact on Underserved Populations in the Community Using Time2Track
Dr. Sonia Suri, Dr. Edward De Vos and Zhuohan Yu from William James College will discuss the ways in which their research department is utilizing Time2Track™ data to analyze students’ impact on underserved populations and secure funding for grants. They’ll highlight how dynamic reports with data pulled from the time-tracking solution have transformed the College’s record-keeping and reduced its paper.
These five sessions are just a sampling of what we have planned for the 2018 Liaison User Conference — there are more higher ed thought leadership sessions, as well as basic and advanced trainings and networking opportunities, where these came from! Want to be the first to know when the full program is published? Register for the Liaison User Conference today!